Got an ingredient and don't know what to do? Let's see if we can help.
Makes 3-4 portions
Meatloaf is a really simple and great alternative to giving your kids burgers. Serve it with boiled potatoes and steamed vegetables and a little jug of gravy that they can pour over themselves.
Cook in a loaf tin or if you haven’t got one use any kind of oven proof mould.
· The Meatloaf can be frozen in portions.
250g Lean Mince beef
½ white onion
60ml Whole milk
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons of Tomato Ketchup
1 teaspoon of Worchester Sauce
½ te4aspoon of Dried Oregano
1 slice of bread
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5/180C
- Finely dice the onion and place in a bowl and cover with boiling water. This will slightly cook the onion and remove the harshness from them.
- Into a bowl place the minced beef, egg and milk and mix well. Get your kids to help with this by using their hands.
- Add the Ketchup, Worchester sauce, Oregano and grate 1 slice of bread to make breadcrumbs and add those as well.
- Drain the onions after a couple of minutes and ad to the mixture.
- Season with salt and paper and give it all another good mix.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf tin and press down. Cook in the oven on a middle shelf for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.